Our Specialist Memberships
brings the CoWorking concept to textile businesses.
All the advantages of having a
complete office/ design studio / manufacturing / warehouse solution
at price that you can afford.
Specialist Membership BENEFITS
Small Run Manufacturing Equipment – 14 (fourteen) various Industrial Sewing Machines, Kick Presses, Steam Machine and Dress Forms
Space: 3 floors of textile focused space. Each area has been designed to function as a productive department for your growing business. Main floor 2,900 sq ft, lower level 1,900 sq ft , mezzanine 660 sq ft.
Notions Wall: Notions Galore.. Tool and Structural notions to help with your design, prototyping and small run manufacturing costs.
Tool Notions: Sewing machine needles, scissors, nippers, pattern paper, tailor’s chalk, wax, pens, tracing paper, pattern wheels, templates, measuring tapes, tailor’s curves, rulers, hem gauge, expanding sewing gauges, cutting mats, thimbles, pins, irons, ironing rolls and hams.
Structural Notions: Interfacing- multiple weights, 1000’s of buttons, snaps, grommets, eyelets, hook/eye,bars, fasteners, dozens of weights of elastic, and 1,000’s of zippers.
Thread Wall: A rainbow of colors in poly, silk, cotton, nylon and canvas selections.
Walk Tables: 12 (twelve) tables ranging in sizes up to 11 feet including dedicated table for cutting and ironing.
- Designing – 30 feet of Design Wall, drafting table, and natural light from 6 skylights.
- Partner Discounts – Discounts at local retailers, legal service professionals, business professionals and local restaurants,
- Preferred Resale List – Local SF retailers who purchase from local vendors.
- Easy Access to Resources – Sips N Sews members are always eager to help out their fellow members. Putting a help wanted post on the Jobs for Hire Board or just asking is the way to find the extra resources you need, when you need them.
- 1st Thursday Art Walk – PopUp Market – The 1st Thursday of the month from 6 – 9:30, Sips N Sews hosts a PopUp Market. Members sell their wares to the general public. Sips N Sews is a published stop on the Art Walk map with monthly distribution of 10k.
- Vending – Access to Neighborhood Fairs and Vending Events through the Lower Polk Community Benefits District https://lowerpolkcbd.org/
- Library – A well rounded reference library with unique selections on pattern making, bridal, costuming, historical costuming, home decor, and bag construction.
- Sipping – A self serve Tea Bar with a tea cup/saucer or mug for any mood one is in. The Sipping area is perfect for lunch or a quiet moment to take advantage of the WiFi.
- Wireless Device Charging Station – Available for your personal wireless device charging needs.
- Individual desk (reserved time)
- High speed internet
- Document Shredder
- Printer 8.5×11 or 11×17 b/w & color with 1200 dpi (per page fee)
- Copier, with a 150 page feeder (per page fee).
- Meeting Space
Business Address Membership BENEFITS
Having an address that is theft-proof is not an easy find in San Francisco.
- Receive the extra large shipments that don’t fit in standard PO box.
- Ramp access – Shipping/Receiving large item
- Packing Resources : Community Packing area, packing supplies, and digital shipping weight scale.
- Shipping Resources : FedEX, UPS, USPS – scheduled pickups.
Storage Unit Membership BENEFITS
- Located on-site
- Semi secured
- Multiple sizes to choose from, up to 550 sq ft.
- Open floor plans available
- Available with shelf organization
- Available with industrial garment hanging rods
*Units require purchase of Specialist Memberships*