The Sips N Sews educational program is designed as a sewing journey to inspire you at each destination along the way.
Your first destination:
Learn to Sew, contains two (2) classes, the first shows you step by step how to operate the equipment you need to know and understand it’s role in creating your project, in the Intro to Sewing – BootCamp.
Next, Step #2 – Intro to Construction; this curriculum prepares you for projects. Understanding what information is contained in a pattern, how to read the keys provided within that pattern are essentials of being successful. Patterns, fabrics, measurements, and seam allowance alignments lead you to the successful completion of your first sewing project.. Graduation to the next destination
Beginner Projects – This level is where you can have as much fun as you want. These project classes are designed to be forgiving, as a beginner, your instructor knows that having a straight seam line is hard. These project allow for a bit of ‘forgiveness’ if your seam line goes a bit astray. You will finish with a project you can be inspired, proud and show off to all your loved ones, perhaps even gifted to a that special person in your life.
Intermediate Classes – Your sewing journey has brought you to a destination of amazing growth. This is where your skill is challenged and your projects become passions. Forgiveness isn’t quite so easy to find, if your seam line is uneven, you can visually see it, and your seam ripper is the only answer. These classes often have homework.
Advanced Classes – This level has been created for individuals who would like to learn specific professional techniques required to create a type of textile item without investing the time and resources needed for advanced degree or certificate educational program.
Membership has it’s PERKS – 20% Class discount – *for active recurring memberships only*
Please take the time to review our Reschedule/Cancellation policy
CLASS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Valid government issued identification is required to participate in all classes. A photo copy of this id will be keep for 12 months(insurance requirement).
- Minimum age for class participation is 16 years old, unless accompanied by parent.
- *All classes unless stated include; sewing machine, thread, scissors, seam rippers, measuring tapes, rulers, irons, tailors chalk, sewing needles, and class specific presser feet. *
- If class enrollment does not meet our minimum, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the class, you will be contacted via email with any changes. Full refunds will be given for classes cancelled by Sips N Sews. All classes are subject to change, please make sure that Sips N Sews has your current contact information on file to contact you in the event of a change in the class schedule.
- Re-scheduling or refunds for active classes are valid only when request is received 72 hours or more prior to scheduled class time. All refund requests will have a processing fee of 5% deducted from balance. Re-scheduling may require additional fees.
- Any reservation that participant arrives late to the scheduled class time or participant is a NO show to the scheduled class will be considered services rendered, and are not subject to refund or rescheduling.
- All promotional discounts for class fees are invalid at the time of voucher expiration. All rescheduling requests dated after voucher expiration will invalidate the promotional value, additional class fees will apply.
- Sips N Sews does not guarantee a finished project at the end of the class program. Sips N Sews does not provide additional studio time or guidance to non-member participants.
- No Alcoholic beverage, drug, weapon or pet allowed in class or studio at any time. Sips N Sews reserves the right to refuse admittance to any under the influence of any substance.